Policy & Procedure Updates
We consider information that specifically identifies you to be your “Personal information.” Such information includes, but is not limited to,your name, address, email, phone number, employment history, rental history, reference letters, bank statements, income tax returns, credit card or other payment information. You may voluntarily provide us with Personal Information if you contact us through the Site Services, email us, inquire about a property, call us, complete an online survey, or otherwise respond to a request for information.
When you use the Site Services, we may also automatically collect Personal Information, statistical informationand other information about your Website visit, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and browser information. We may use web beacons,cookies, and similar technology. Web beacons are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor and collect data about the behavior of the user visiting a Website. Web beacons may be used for various data collection purposes, such as counting the number of users who visit a web page, or delivering a cookie to the viewer’s browser. Cookies are small data files stored in your device memory when you visit a website. Cookies are typically used by websites to make the website more efficient, and to provide information about how users are using the website. The information collected can be used to develop, improve or market both new and existing services.
We utilize various technical and administrative safeguards to protect the privacy of any data that you provide when using the Site Services. We review and update our security technology on an ongoing basis. We train our employees about the importance of the information confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information.
Unfortunately, general security procedures and/or the security of any data collected or transmitted over the Internet can be 100% guaranteed. Many factors, such as unauthorized access or use, human error, and hardware/software failure, may compromise the security of data at any time.
We may use the information collected from you, for multiple purposes, including but not limited to, the following:
- We may use the information collected to respond to your comments and inquiries and provide other information relating to our business that we believe might be of interest to you.
- We may use the information collected to inform you about services that we offer and/or services offer by other companies with which we have a marketing relationship.
- We may use the information collected to connect you with Third Party Service Providers.
- We may use the information collected to invite you to participate in customer research.
- We may use the information collected to analyze and improve our Site Services bytroubleshooting bugs, improving security, and resolving operational issues.
- We may use the information collected to analyze usage data and measure the effectiveness of our online marketing and other events.
We do not sell your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties. However, we may share information, including your Personal Information, with third parties under certain circumstances including, but not limited to, the following:
- We may share your Personal Information with one or more of our real estate brokers or agents so they may contact you about our sales, leasing or development opportunities.
- We may share your Personal Information with Third Party Service Providers in the real estate industry, including mortgage lenders, appraisers and real estate management companies, as needed to facilitate a transaction or service that we think may be of interest to you.
- We may share your Personal Information with Third Party Service Providers outside of the real estate industry if we believe they may be of interest to you.
- We may share your Personal Information with our other clients or prospective clients if needed to facilitate a transaction.
- We may share your Personal Information with Third Party Service Providers who perform technical, computer and security related services for us.
- We may share your Personal Information in response to a request for information from a legitimate legal authority if we believe such disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process.
- We may share your Personal Information when we reasonably determine it to be necessary to respond to any claims, or to prevent/investigate activity that we reasonably believe to be illegal, fraud, a violation of our Terms of Service or may expose us to legal liability.
- We may share your Personal Information in connection with the potential merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
- We may share your Personal Information as needed when we believe there to be an emergency involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or property, if we believe that your information in any way relates to that threat.
- We may share your Personal Information in an aggregateor anonymous form, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Data Storage and Retention
Your Personal Information may be stored by Hancock Homes on the servers of one or more cloud data management services, on one or more hard drives, within various software applications,in various digital formats and in hard copy format. Hancock Homes may retain your Personal Information for as long as legally obligated to do soand/or as long as needed to meet our security and operational goals.
California Privacy Rights
Under Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, California residents have the right to request from a business, with whom they have an established business relationship, certain information with regard to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year.To request a copy of such information, please contactinfo(at)hancockhomes(dotted)com.
Limitation of Liability
By providing Hancock Homes with any Personal Information, you expressly and unconditionally release and hold harmless Hancock Homes, its officers, directors, employees, brokers and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your collected Personal Information.
In no event shall Hancock Homes, its officers, directors, employees, brokers or agents, be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from any (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content, (ii) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the Website or Site Services, (iii) any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein, (iv) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Website or Site Services, (iv) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like, that may be transmitted to or through the Website or Site Services by any third party, and/or (v) any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Website or Site Services, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not the company is advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction.
Children Under Thirteen
Hancock Homes Realty does not knowingly collect, either online or offline, personal information from persons under the age of thirteen. If you are under 18, you may use www.hancockhomes.com only with permission of a parent or guardian.
Updating Personal Information
You may update, correct or delete your Personal Information at any time by emailing us at info(at)hancockhomes(dotted)com. We will respond to all reasonable requests for revision and will provide access to the extent required or allowed by law unless the expense or burden of respondingoutweighs the risks to the individual’s privacy in any given case. We may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We also may retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the “unsubscribe” instructions at the bottom of any marketing emails we may send you or by emailing us at info(at)hancockhomes(dotted)com. If you choose to opt out, we may still contact you about services you have requested, our ongoing business relationship, and other non-promotional communications.
By E-Mail: info(at)hancockhomes(dotted)com
By Mail: Hancock Homes Realty, Inc.
501 N. Larchmont Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Effective Date: April 8, 2019.